kobi
09-18 10:46 PM
I applied for H4 to H1 conversion (April'06) and then travelled to India (May'06). I came back on H4 (Jun'06). After one month my H1 was approved which includes a new I 94 valid from Oct'06.
Is this H1's I94 valid..?, as per law USCIS should abandon COS approval if alien travels out of U.S during its process.
Can I start my employment from Oct '06 or do I have to get my H1 stamped.
Is this H1's I94 valid..?, as per law USCIS should abandon COS approval if alien travels out of U.S during its process.
Can I start my employment from Oct '06 or do I have to get my H1 stamped.
wallpaper Big Sean performs live on
lazycis
12-20 09:22 AM
She's done it aready. Why worry about the future? I do not see a problem with switching from B2 to H1. Hope she was not working while on B2 :)
gc_on_demand
02-17 09:37 AM
I had an appointment on Feb 13th at Delhi for H1b renewal. It took less than 15 min for both of us. H1b and h4 we were given special treatment because of our US citizen children. No waiting in line and even no qu from VO once he came to know about children
2011 SINGLE “MY LAST” TO LIFE,
Blog Feeds
05-16 07:50 AM
Here we go again. When Obama's Democratic Party controlled the House and Senate, Congress failed to pass an immigration bill that would have provided a path to Residency and later Citizenship for some illegal immigrants who entered America as children. The DREAM Act died in the Senate in December due to a Republican filibuster.
With Republicans now controlling the House and holding a stronger minority in the Senate, the chances for any comprehensive immigration reform are considered non-existent.
Obama travels to Texas on Tuesday to make the case that his administration has worked hard to secure the border and the time has come for Congress to deal with the 10.8 million people already in the U.S. illegally.
He will also argue that those who care about this issue need to step up pressure on Congress to act, a point he has made privately in a string of meetings with business executives, evangelical leaders and Hispanic celebrities.
Many activists blame the White House for not making the issue more of a priority, and Tuesday's speech is an effort, in part, to shift attention to Republicans who are blocking action.
Many Republicans and some Democrats oppose the measures Mr. Obama favors that would create a path to citizenship for some people who entered the country illegally, saying it would reward law-breaking. Opponents also say not enough has been done to secure the border with Mexico. The White House says it has put more "boots on the ground" along the southwest border than ever before and has cracked down on employers who hire undocumented workers.
The administration has also deported a record number of illegal immigrants, a point that has angered Hispanic activists. Federal officials say deportations of illegal immigrants hit a record 392,000 in fiscal year 2010.
Hoping to push through the political stalemate, Mr. Obama has held private meetings to discuss immigration with political figures such as New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, business leaders such as John Engler, president of the Business Roundtable; and religious leaders such as Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals.
Read more.... (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703864204576311460463095954.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2011/05/obama_another_push_for_immigra.html)
With Republicans now controlling the House and holding a stronger minority in the Senate, the chances for any comprehensive immigration reform are considered non-existent.
Obama travels to Texas on Tuesday to make the case that his administration has worked hard to secure the border and the time has come for Congress to deal with the 10.8 million people already in the U.S. illegally.
He will also argue that those who care about this issue need to step up pressure on Congress to act, a point he has made privately in a string of meetings with business executives, evangelical leaders and Hispanic celebrities.
Many activists blame the White House for not making the issue more of a priority, and Tuesday's speech is an effort, in part, to shift attention to Republicans who are blocking action.
Many Republicans and some Democrats oppose the measures Mr. Obama favors that would create a path to citizenship for some people who entered the country illegally, saying it would reward law-breaking. Opponents also say not enough has been done to secure the border with Mexico. The White House says it has put more "boots on the ground" along the southwest border than ever before and has cracked down on employers who hire undocumented workers.
The administration has also deported a record number of illegal immigrants, a point that has angered Hispanic activists. Federal officials say deportations of illegal immigrants hit a record 392,000 in fiscal year 2010.
Hoping to push through the political stalemate, Mr. Obama has held private meetings to discuss immigration with political figures such as New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, business leaders such as John Engler, president of the Business Roundtable; and religious leaders such as Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals.
Read more.... (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703864204576311460463095954.html?m od=googlenews_wsj)
More... (http://www.visalawyerblog.com/2011/05/obama_another_push_for_immigra.html)
more...
GCwaitforever
03-22 09:29 PM
Wow! This reminds me of Hydra. No offense meant, but these seemingly independent organizations work collectively on many fronts, connected by same STEM.
Everyone should read this article. A real eye opener.
Everyone should read this article. A real eye opener.
deeru
04-02 12:37 PM
Hi All,
Can we get temporary EAD by taking Info Pass? Anybody has experienced this recently...please advise.
more details :
My EAD Renewal application receive date is 03/16/2009...I got FT Job offer , but don't have any EAD in hand..company is not willing to transfer H1..I did paper filing...any idea how long its going to take to get the EAD in hand..
thanks in advance..
Can we get temporary EAD by taking Info Pass? Anybody has experienced this recently...please advise.
more details :
My EAD Renewal application receive date is 03/16/2009...I got FT Job offer , but don't have any EAD in hand..company is not willing to transfer H1..I did paper filing...any idea how long its going to take to get the EAD in hand..
thanks in advance..
more...
grinch
05-17 03:07 PM
Yeah, went a little to overboard with the gradients, and I think a thicker font would be good
2010 Big Sean sees red on the cover
h1bjava
03-13 05:11 PM
Thank you hpandey for the clarification. If I apply H1B extension in premium processing in apr itself, I will know soon if it will go through or not. My plan is to apply H1B transfer immediately to a new employer in case of H1B extension denial from the current employer, as I will still have valid H1B for few more months till Sep 09.
One more doubt I have is whether it will raise a red flag for USCIS, if I apply premium processing in apr 09 for extension from oct 1st 09 or will it be fine. Please let me know.
One more doubt I have is whether it will raise a red flag for USCIS, if I apply premium processing in apr 09 for extension from oct 1st 09 or will it be fine. Please let me know.
more...
fionaapple20
11-27 03:53 PM
Thank you wandmaker. This helps.
- But can a person be unemployed before the 180 days elapse? What happens if person is unable to find a job before 180 days?
- Also, per your information - can the person find a new job, change H1s and then wait for 180 days to send in a letter to USCIS?
- But can a person be unemployed before the 180 days elapse? What happens if person is unable to find a job before 180 days?
- Also, per your information - can the person find a new job, change H1s and then wait for 180 days to send in a letter to USCIS?
hair “My Last,” is the first single

sunny1000
03-18 09:08 PM
I have sent the request for renewal of my and my wife's advance parole to the USCIS about 10 days back.
Following is the list of documents that I have sent, along with a fees of $360, online (each)
- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice.
- Copy of I-485 petition.
- Current Status of I-485: Case received and pending.
- Copy of I-94.
- Copy of current approved I-512L, authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States.
- Copy of Passport.
- Two photographs.
- Copy of Drivers License.
Do I need to send any fingerprinting document?
Is there anything else that I need to take care of related to this request for advance parole renewal?
I really appreciate your help in the matter. I got the receipt from USCIS.
I sent my EAD copy as well.
Following is the list of documents that I have sent, along with a fees of $360, online (each)
- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice.
- Copy of I-485 petition.
- Current Status of I-485: Case received and pending.
- Copy of I-94.
- Copy of current approved I-512L, authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States.
- Copy of Passport.
- Two photographs.
- Copy of Drivers License.
Do I need to send any fingerprinting document?
Is there anything else that I need to take care of related to this request for advance parole renewal?
I really appreciate your help in the matter. I got the receipt from USCIS.
I sent my EAD copy as well.
more...
deardar
04-20 11:19 AM
I entered into my 7th year few months ago and I have an approved I-140 and also 3 year extension.
I dont have any documents of my approved labour or I-140 and I dont expect to get it from my employer either.
Q1) In case I change my employer and go for stamping, will he ask me for any of the above documents as approved I-140 or Labour?
q2) In case I happen to start my GC process again( assuming in yr 2007 in EB3), will how long will it take ( approx) for my PD to become current ?
I dont have any documents of my approved labour or I-140 and I dont expect to get it from my employer either.
Q1) In case I change my employer and go for stamping, will he ask me for any of the above documents as approved I-140 or Labour?
q2) In case I happen to start my GC process again( assuming in yr 2007 in EB3), will how long will it take ( approx) for my PD to become current ?
hot Not only was his song,
hpandey
03-13 10:49 AM
Even if your extension gets denied then your current H1 is still valid till Sep 2009 and you can work till then ..
more...
house Big Sean - My Last Feat.
black_logs
05-08 02:02 PM
I read this quote in RD, sorry I forgot who said it!!!
'U.S. is a big conspiracy to make you feel happy'.
'U.S. is a big conspiracy to make you feel happy'.
tattoo on Big Sean#39;s single “My
newuser
05-23 05:10 PM
I called today morning. Arlen Specter's Washington phone - No ring tone. I will call him again.
Let the EB's FREEDOM begin from the KEYSTONE STATE
Hello Pennsylvania Residents,
Please start calling your Senators:
1) Arlen Specter 202-224-4254
2) Here's the response I received from Rob Casey(D-PA)'s office
- (202) 224-6324 The staffer I spoke to(male) said a lot of members from IV had called, and he said they had put forth some important points. Looks like his office is really listening.
Let the EB's FREEDOM begin from the KEYSTONE STATE
Hello Pennsylvania Residents,
Please start calling your Senators:
1) Arlen Specter 202-224-4254
2) Here's the response I received from Rob Casey(D-PA)'s office
- (202) 224-6324 The staffer I spoke to(male) said a lot of members from IV had called, and he said they had put forth some important points. Looks like his office is really listening.
more...
pictures Watch Chris Brown “My Last”
pmat
02-20 08:55 AM
a) Can he hold on to his EB3 priority date..though the new petition would be filed under EB-2 ?
Yes, I know a lot of ppl have asked this question in the wake of the retrogession that we are all sufferning through ?
Yes, you can hold on to the priority date if you have copy of approved I-140 and you old company doesn't revoke the I-140.
b) If this Company B were to file for H1-B , as I understand it would count towards the 2007-2008 quota which opens on April 1st '07...does this scenario also force you to not start working till Oct'07 (which is when ppl who file in the 2007-08 quota are supposed to start working).
If you are already on a H1 and are only doing a H1B transfer, it will not not count towards quota (unless your current H1B is for non-profit org and new H1B is for a for-profit org). You can start working as soon as you get the receipt. But, if you are applying for a fresh H1B, it will count towards quota and you will have to wait till Oct 07 before starting to work.
Yes, I know a lot of ppl have asked this question in the wake of the retrogession that we are all sufferning through ?
Yes, you can hold on to the priority date if you have copy of approved I-140 and you old company doesn't revoke the I-140.
b) If this Company B were to file for H1-B , as I understand it would count towards the 2007-2008 quota which opens on April 1st '07...does this scenario also force you to not start working till Oct'07 (which is when ppl who file in the 2007-08 quota are supposed to start working).
If you are already on a H1 and are only doing a H1B transfer, it will not not count towards quota (unless your current H1B is for non-profit org and new H1B is for a for-profit org). You can start working as soon as you get the receipt. But, if you are applying for a fresh H1B, it will count towards quota and you will have to wait till Oct 07 before starting to work.
dresses Big Sean announced his
mjdup
10-19 10:49 AM
Just in case someone might find this useful --
I had appeared for my visa stamping (9th year extension). It went fine. I'd used these forums to collect all the needed info so thanks to everyone ! I was little nervous but had no choice because my company had sent me for a business trip. At the consulate, security was very good. They even had places to leave your belongings. I saw people come in with cellphones, keys etc and they were check them in the security. Once through the security initial check ups took place where they put the needed documents in a file.
- At this point the person checking my docs marked red on the section where I had marked that my sibling was permanent resident.
- went to the first window where the officer checked for PIMS and wrote "no PIMS" (again in red) on my ds156 form. He asked couple of questions about where I work and then the finger print formality.
- waited for a while and finally I was called for the interview. The VO asked about my job, degree and what my role was at the company. I work for very large fortune 500 company and our division in Germany is well known.
- She left couple of times to check my PIMS records and finally told me that your visa will be approved and sent in 3-5 business days. That's how they do it consulates in Germany. You are not allowed to come and collect the passports.
- But, then she again checked my degree (EE) and mentioned that they may have to do some additional processing and will get back to me.
- But, she kept the passport and other docs so I was confident that it is only for PIMS verification. After 3 days I got back my passport with stamping. I provided all the answers with confidence and very legibly.
We just have to do what we have to do and leave the rest to whatever happens. I'd prepared everything before my trip in case I've go to India and get stamped (I'm getting tired of these long and stressful procedures, I was the only one with some many docs whereas others walked in with few sheets, go figure !).
Anyway, everything went well! Please let me know if any of you have questions and good luck to all. Hope none of us have to get stuck in the PIMS mess. Also, the PIMS process seems to have been cleaned up. Because of large amount of complaints looks like they are clearing it faster and providing the decision back to consulates much faster.
Adios.
I had appeared for my visa stamping (9th year extension). It went fine. I'd used these forums to collect all the needed info so thanks to everyone ! I was little nervous but had no choice because my company had sent me for a business trip. At the consulate, security was very good. They even had places to leave your belongings. I saw people come in with cellphones, keys etc and they were check them in the security. Once through the security initial check ups took place where they put the needed documents in a file.
- At this point the person checking my docs marked red on the section where I had marked that my sibling was permanent resident.
- went to the first window where the officer checked for PIMS and wrote "no PIMS" (again in red) on my ds156 form. He asked couple of questions about where I work and then the finger print formality.
- waited for a while and finally I was called for the interview. The VO asked about my job, degree and what my role was at the company. I work for very large fortune 500 company and our division in Germany is well known.
- She left couple of times to check my PIMS records and finally told me that your visa will be approved and sent in 3-5 business days. That's how they do it consulates in Germany. You are not allowed to come and collect the passports.
- But, then she again checked my degree (EE) and mentioned that they may have to do some additional processing and will get back to me.
- But, she kept the passport and other docs so I was confident that it is only for PIMS verification. After 3 days I got back my passport with stamping. I provided all the answers with confidence and very legibly.
We just have to do what we have to do and leave the rest to whatever happens. I'd prepared everything before my trip in case I've go to India and get stamped (I'm getting tired of these long and stressful procedures, I was the only one with some many docs whereas others walked in with few sheets, go figure !).
Anyway, everything went well! Please let me know if any of you have questions and good luck to all. Hope none of us have to get stuck in the PIMS mess. Also, the PIMS process seems to have been cleaned up. Because of large amount of complaints looks like they are clearing it faster and providing the decision back to consulates much faster.
Adios.
more...
makeup Big Sean – My Last Feat.
GCHope2011
07-10 03:54 PM
If you are questioned on educational equivalence of the 3+2 year degree's parity with US' 4+2 year bachelor + masters, and your education evaluator can make a strong case for it, you should be ok.
girlfriend Big Sean
IndianBoy
11-25 11:05 AM
I have a approved H1b from company A. Company A also shared a copy of approval. I was never counted under H1b cap before this approval. If I now decide not to join company A and assuming company A will not cancel H1b, can I use this H1b to join another company B later using H1b transfer�???? I am presently on cap except H1b and need a cap subject H1b in order to move to any private firm. So approval from company A matters a lot to me.
Has anyone done this�????
Thanks in advance...
Has anyone done this�????
Thanks in advance...
hairstyles Previously: Big Sean – What
PDOCT05
11-19 12:30 PM
Congrats man...what date did you do the resubmit?
jim
11-12 01:29 AM
Hi,
Answer 1:
Yes,probably it will be a mistake.Tell your Employer or Attorney to the get the appointment in the local uscis office and sent them the cover letter to uscis saying that we didn't request for I-140 to be withdrawn and we still need that person and want to hire that person in the future.Remember that GC is for your future job.I think so once uscis recieved the cover letter from your employer and attorney you should be fine.Is your I-140 was in process at that time or it was approved earlier.
Answer 2:
You should not be have any problems if some other employer file your labor and GC process.It will not effect anything regarding previous labor.
Answer 1:
Yes,probably it will be a mistake.Tell your Employer or Attorney to the get the appointment in the local uscis office and sent them the cover letter to uscis saying that we didn't request for I-140 to be withdrawn and we still need that person and want to hire that person in the future.Remember that GC is for your future job.I think so once uscis recieved the cover letter from your employer and attorney you should be fine.Is your I-140 was in process at that time or it was approved earlier.
Answer 2:
You should not be have any problems if some other employer file your labor and GC process.It will not effect anything regarding previous labor.
gcnirvana
06-03 08:29 PM
I e-filed yesterday and the address came as USCIS Nebraska Service Center, as expected. My 485 is pending there and my previous EAD was also from NSC.
Where was your last EAD and 485 applied and processed at?
Hello All
Has any one else experienced this? From the two posters above (which includes me) EAD and AP efiled applications went to National Benefits Center and generated the receipt numbers starting with MSC?
Please share your experience. Is there any thing to worry in this case?
- ms
Where was your last EAD and 485 applied and processed at?
Hello All
Has any one else experienced this? From the two posters above (which includes me) EAD and AP efiled applications went to National Benefits Center and generated the receipt numbers starting with MSC?
Please share your experience. Is there any thing to worry in this case?
- ms
No comments:
Post a Comment